Looking for a convenient and secure way to give someone special a gift? Gift cards are popular, but what if you could pay for them with Apple Pay? The answer is yes; you can buy gift cards with Apple Pay. Apple Pay is a secure and straightforward way to pay for purchases using your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac. With Apple Pay, you can pay for gift cards without needing to carry a physical card or remember a long gift card number. This article will explain everything you need to know about buying gift cards with Apple Pay. We’ll talk about how to buy a gift card, what kinds of available, and how to redeem a gift card you’ve purchased with Apple Pay. So if you want to know how to buy a gift card with your Apple device, read on!
Can You Buy Gift Cards with Apple Pay?
Yes, you can buy gift cards with Apple Pay. Just look for the Apple Pay or contactless logo at checkout. You can also use your iPhone to pay for purchases in participating stores by holding your phone near the reader with your finger on Touch ID.
What Types Of Gift Cards Can You Buy With Apple Pay?
1. Top-Rated Gift Cards
Many of the gift cards available with Apple Pay are on the list of Top-Rated gift cards. These are the top options in their category because they’re easy to use, fast, and reliable. Top-Rated gift cards are designed to be used at any store that accepts credit cards. If you’re looking for a specific card type, check out this list of Top-Rated gift cards by category.
2. Gift Cards That You Can Buy Online
Many online retailers allow you to buy their products using Apple Pay. For example, you can buy iTunes gift cards online from Apple or Amazon.com using Apple Pay. The same is true for many other famous brands like Michaels, Target, and Best Buy. You can also buy an Uber or Lyft ride using your iPhone or iPad with Apple Pay instead of a physical card that needs to be kept somewhere secure! To see all the companies currently accepting Apple Pay as a payment method, check out this list of retailers that accept Apple Pay.
3. Gift Cards That You Can Buy With Cash
Some gift cards for sale through Apple Pay are cash-only. If you don’t have a credit or debit card, you can buy gift cards with cash from various locations around the country. For example, you can buy an Amazon gift card with cash at Walmart and many other retailers. To see where you can buy cash-only gift cards with Apple Pay, check out this list of retailers that accept Apple Pay with cash.
How To Buy A Gift Card With Apple Pay?
- Open the app you want to buy a gift card for. If you’re new to Apple Pay, download the Apple Pay app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
- Tap the “Buy” button in the top right corner of the screen. The “Buy” button looks like this:
- Select a gift card from your list of personal or business cards and enter the amount you want to spend on that card. If you have more than one of these cards in your Wallet, you can add them all at once by tapping “Add All.”
- Review the gift card details, and tap Buy if everything looks correct for your purchase. You’ll be given several ways to pay for your order, including using your credit or debit card (if it’s linked to Apple Pay), paying with Apple Pay Cash, or redeeming an existing gift card balance from Wallet (if it’s linked). Once you’ve selected how you want to pay for your order, you can then confirm your order by tapping Buy or Done.
- You’ll see a confirmation message on your iPhone or iPad, and a receipt will be emailed to the email address associated with your Apple Pay account.
- Your gift card will now be available in your Wallet, ready for you to use!
How To Redeem A Gift Card Purchased With Apple Pay?
1. Find the gift card you want
If you’ve purchased a gift card with your Apple device, it should automatically show up in the Wallet app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch. You can also find all of your gift cards in the Wallet app by clicking on “View” and then “Gift Cards.”
2. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch
3. Select a gift card from your list of available cards and enter its information
The next step is to select which gift card you want to use for payment. You’ll see a list of all available gift cards organized by merchant name (if you have more than one gift card from the same merchant, it will be listed separately). If you have a gift card from a different merchant, you can select that by tapping on the “Add” button.
4. Enter your payment information
This is where you’ll enter your Apple ID and password to complete the transaction. You’ll also need to enter your billing address and account number (if you know it) in order to pay for the purchase with Apple Pay.
5. After entering your payment information, tap “Redeem.”
You can purchase a gift card with Apple Pay if everything looks correct! When prompted, enter your password again to complete the transaction.
Advantages Of Buying Gift Cards With Apple Pay
1. Gift cards are easy to buy with Apple Pay
Buying gift cards with Apple Pay is easy. You don’t need to carry a physical card or remember a long gift card number. Just use the Touch ID sensor on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac to pay for a purchase.
2. Gift cards are easy to redeem
Once you’ve bought a gift card with Apple Pay, you can redeem it in just a few taps. Open the Wallet app on your iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, or Mac and tap on the “Redeem” button. The gift card amount will appear in the top-left corner of the Wallet app. Tap on “Add Gift Card” and enter your email address to complete redemption.
3. Gift cards are secure
Apple Pay is a secure way to pay for purchases. When you buy a gift card with Apple Pay, your payment information is encrypted using Secure Transport Layer Security (SSL). With SSL, only you can access your payment information, and any transaction with Apple Pay is protected by Touch ID and Face ID verification. You can also use Face ID to confirm purchases with Apple Pay in stores that support facial recognition technology (like Macy’s).
4. You can buy iTunes Cards or prepaid cards with Apple Pay
If you want a gift card with Apple Pay, consider buying iTunes Cards or prepaid cards. iTunes Cards allow you to add funds to your iTunes account anytime and can be redeemed on the App Store, iBooks Store, or the iTunes Store. Prepaid cards are also great for giving to friends and family because they can be used immediately.
Disadvantages Of Buying Gift Cards With Apple Pay
1. You can’t buy gift cards with Apple Pay in-person
You can’t buy gift cards with Apple Pay at a physical store. If you’ve been dreaming about buying a gift card with your iPhone, iPad, or Mac, you’ll need to look for a retailer that accepts Apple Pay. You might be able to find one at a store near you by searching for “Apple Pay” or “iTunes Gift Cards” on Google. However, if you want to buy a gift card that’s hard to find on any retailer’s website, you’ll have to download the iTunes Store and search for it there.
2. The gift card values are limited
While many different kinds of gift cards are available, the types of cards available in the iTunes Store are very limited. The most common type is iTunes Gift Card (worth $25). You can also purchase an iTunes Gift Card Code ($10) and an iTunes Digital Gift Card ($10). In addition, you can also buy iTunes Gift Cards (5, 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30), but they’re not available in the iTunes Store.
3. You can only buy gift cards with Apple Pay on the iPhone or iPad
You can’t buy gift cards with Apple Pay on your Mac or Apple Watch. If you want to give someone a gift card with Apple Pay, you’ll need to download the iTunes Store app for your iPhone or iPad and purchase a gift card there. So if you want to give someone a gift card with Apple Pay, make sure they’re using an iPhone or iPad before giving them your gift card.
Tips For Buying Gift Cards With Apple Pay
- Apple Pay is available on the iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus. You can’t use it on an Apple Watch, iPad, or iPod.
- You can make purchases using Apple Pay in stores and in apps that support it, including eBay, Etsy, Groupon, LivingSocial, Lyft, and OpenTable.
- If you buy a gift card with Apple Pay from a retailer that does not accept Apple Pay yet, you’ll be able to redeem the card for purchases through iTunes or the App Store within one year of purchase. After one year, you’ll be able to redeem your gift card through a website that allows you to redeem gift cards purchased with Apple Pay.
Now that you know how to use Apple Pay to buy gift cards, you can shop for all your friends and family with just one tap. And you don’t have to worry about losing gift cards because all gift card information is stored digitally in your digital wallet. Plus, gift cards are an easy way to give thanks to people who have helped you out or are just exceptional people in your life whom you want to treat.