Being an entrepreneur can seem like a scary proposition. You have to take risks, invest your own money and time, and hope that your business is successful enough to continue growing. Becoming an Airbnb host sounds easy enough, but how do you launch a business with no money? How about becoming a traveling entrepreneur instead? Traveling entrepreneurship is the process of creating businesses that don’t require much capital or fixed assets, such as a building or vehicle. In other words, these are businesses you can begin almost anywhere at almost any time. As long as you have an Internet connection, there are few limitations to where and when you can create your new business. Here is how you can start an Airbnb with no money in just four steps
How to start an Airbnb with no money?
1. Find A Place To Stay
The first step is finding a place to live that’s available to rent. You may be able to find an inexpensive room or apartment on Craigslist or other rental websites. If you don’t have much money, you may need to use resources like Couchsurfing, which allows you to find free accommodations in exchange for hosting travelers. You may also want to consider renting out your car and using it as your primary mode of transportation.
2. Research The Market
You have to know the current state of the market before you can make any decisions about your new business. Take some time and research how many people are currently using Airbnb and how much they charge per night, as well as how many hosts there are in different cities around the world. This will give you an idea of what kind of competition there is in that city and help you decide if it’s worth starting an Airbnb with no money.
3. Buy Listings On Airbnb
Once you know exactly how many hosts are in a city, compare the amount of money they charge per night with how much you can afford to charge. If you find that it’s not worth it for you to start an Airbnb with no money, then don’t buy any listings.
4. Rent Out Your Rooms On Airbnb
If you do find a market that makes sense for your new business, then it’s time to list your place on Airbnb and rent it out. You’ll have to take care of the housekeeping yourself and make sure that the area is well-maintained and safe for guests, but once you get started, there will be no other costs associated with running your business besides paying taxes and keeping up with maintenance.
5. Make Money!
Once you get started, the amount of money you can make will vary depending on the demand for your product. However, you may find that you can earn more than just the cost of your property and expenses when you rent out your rooms. This is where Airbnb’s platform shines, as it allows people to easily compare prices in different locations around the world.
Decide On A Place And A Price
- Decide on a place to stay. This is the most important step. You will want to find a place where you can host visitors, but you also need to decide on a price.
- Decide what services you will provide and how much each service will cost. If you are looking for inspiration, look at the prices of similar accommodations in your area and set them as your baseline for pricing your space. For example, if a hotel room in an area like San Francisco costs $300 per night, consider charging $200 per night for your Airbnb listing (you would charge $100 more than the average price). You can also use the Airbnb website to search for similar listings in your area that might be cheaper or more expensive than yours; this is called “comparing prices” (see below).
- Decide how many nights you want to rent out each month (or year). This will determine how much you need to charge your guests.
- Decide how much you will spend on each Airbnb listing (or Airbnb unit) per month. This portion of the process is very similar to step two; however, it is slightly different because you are not looking at a single listing, but rather an entire unit of Airbnb units that you will be renting out over time. You can learn more about this process in this article by Travelstart.
- Decide where you will be getting your money from. You can make money from several different sources, including renting out your space through Airbnb, using Airbnb as a marketing tool for your business, or selling products and/or services that you provide on Airbnb. For example, if you are running an online business selling handmade jewelry, you could host it on Airbnb to generate additional income and help people discover your products without the need to buy them (which is easier for buyers than buying from an unknown seller). Or, if you are a travel blogger who hosts travelers in her home while they stay in her city of choice, she could list it on Airbnb to give back to the community while generating extra income (read more about this in this article by Travelstart).
Find New Opportunities
- To search for new opportunities on Airbnb, click this link to go to the search page.
- Click on the “Create a Listing” button at the top of the page.
- Complete a short description about what kind of space is available and how many people can live there (for example We have a great studio apartment in a great location with all of the amenities that includes a large living room with a couch that sleeps 2; please let us know if you are looking for something larger). Also, include photos of your space and write about what makes it unique or special (for example Our apartment is located in the center of downtown San Francisco within walking distance from several popular attractions including Union Square and Market Street; it has all of the amenities that you would expect from a modern apartment, but it is also very cozy and inviting).
- Once you have created your listing, click the “create listing” button at the top of the page again to view your new listing. You will then receive an email with an activation code that you will need to enter to finish setting up your listings on Airbnb.
- When creating your listing, be sure to include a short description about what kind of space is available and how many people can live there (for example We have a great studio apartment in a great location with all of the amenities that include a large living room with a couch that sleeps 2; please let us know if you are looking for something larger). Also, include photos of your space and write about what makes it unique or special (for example Our apartment is located in the center of downtown San Francisco within walking distance from several popular attractions including Union Square and Market Street; it has all of the amenities that you would expect from a modern apartment, but it is also very cozy and inviting).
- Search for other similar listings to compare with your listing. Make sure to include all of the details that you have written in your listing description.
- Click on “My Listings” at the top of your page, then click on “Edit Listing”. You will be prompted to enter an email address and password. Airbnb will send you an activation code via email. This activation code must be entered into the “Create a Listing” page on Airbnb to finish setting up your listings on Airbnb. You are not required to enter this activation code if you are using a Google account or Facebook account as these accounts do not require an email address or password to be used.
Being an entrepreneur is a great way to earn money and control your destiny. If you’re interested in becoming an Airbnb host, you don’t have to worry about creating or owning property. You also don’t have to worry about finding tenants or paying a mortgage. All you have to do is start an Airbnb with no money. Once you get your first guest, the rest is up to you.